Effective all-round fitness for all ages
Water aerobics or aquatic fitness denotes the performance of aerobic exercises in shallow water in which you can stand in, like the shallow part of a swimming pool. Most of the exercise usually only involves movement of the body in a vertical position with the water level upto the waist or a little higher. It also involves a certain amount of resistance training with focus on aerobic endurance done in an enjoyable atmosphere.
Aquatic Health and Aerobics
Aquatic fitness is similar and yet different to aerobics on land. While it focuses on cardiac workout, similar to land aerobics, it brings in the component of water resistance and buoyancy because of the movement being in water. While it may not be as stress inducing as land aerobics and does not increase the heart-rate too much, the heart is working just as hard and actually underwater exercise pumps more blood to the heart. This is because of the resistance that water creates, which in turn will activate muscle groups.
BENEFITS OF AQUATIC HEALTH & FITNESS PROGRAM
- Best training regimen for those recovering from muscular fatigue and sports based injuries.
- Lesser stress on joints and bones because of the water acting as a barrier for the joints, which is the advantage over land aerobics.
- Reduction of lactic acid buildup
- Cooling effect of the water on the system. The cooler temperature of the water in the pool allows the body to burn calories while maintaining the comfortable atmosphere with less sweat noticeable to the participant.
- Stable environment for elderly with less need of balance control and therefore preventing chance of injury.
JOIN DSA AQUATIC HEALTH & FITNESS PROGRAM