AUSTSWIM Swim Teacher Courses – Professional Development
The AUSTSWIM accreditation is the industry standard for Swimming and Water Safety Teachers™ and is delivered and recognised in each state and territory of Australia and many countries overseas. In order to become an AUSTSWIM Licensed Teacher™, you will need to complete the Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety™ accreditation. This is the base accreditation that you must gain before you can attempt any of the extension courses. The AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety™ course provides candidates with essential competencies to teach swimming and water safety™ to persons from four years of age in swimming pools and confined natural shallow water venues. Accreditation is valid for three years.
- Candidates may enrol in an AUSTSWIM course at 16 years of age but are not eligible to receive the accreditation until they are 17 years of age.
- Candidates are required to have a reasonable level of fitness and swimming ability.
- Recognition of Prior Learning
AUSTSWIM teachers who have successfully completed the AUSTSWIM Course Essential Unit will gain recognition of prior learning for some components of the course. The course consists of theory and practical components:
Theory component – may be offered through classroom attendance or via CD ROM home study.
Practical component – involves swimming activities that may be carried out in shallow or deep water.
16-20 hrs (Theory & Practical Presentation)
AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming & Water Safety (TSW)™
- Term: OCTOBER 2018
- Date & Time: 13 OCT 2018 (Sat) 9 am – 6 pm and 14 OCT 2018 (Sun) 9 am – 6 pm
- Venue: DSA Bukit Jalil, Malaysia
- Course Fee: AUD 540
Enrol for AUSTSWIM TSW Course