51st Malaysian Invitational Age Group Synchronised Swimming Championships
9 girls from DSA Team Synchro were selected to participate at the championships representing Kuala Lumpur, with the other 8 girls from PRA-KL bringing our team total to 17 girls.
- Lim Jia Wei, 14, (Group 13-15), Solo, Duet, Team
- Bay Yi Er, 13, (Group 13-15), Solo, Duet, Team
- Ally Wong Chaai Hui, 13, (Group 13-15), Solo, Team
- Pei Han Li, 12, (Group U-12), Solo, Duet, Team Reserve
- Anisha Ling Suriar, 12, (Group U-12), Solo, Duet, Team
- Rikki Evans, 11, (Group U-12), Solo, Duet, Team
- Elizabeth Indira, 11, (Group U-12), Solo, Duet, Team
- Camelia Carmen, 11, (Group U-12), Solo, Duet, Team Reserve
- Xuenna Aw, 10, (Group U-12), Solo, Duet, Team Reserve
The Under-12 team and 13-15 team both won Bronze at the championships! A first medal placing for our girls, whilst in the solo and duet category 100% of our girls improved upon last years marks!
Highest improvement goes to Lim Jia Wei who improved her score in her solo routine by an impressive 11.17 points and 14.51 points for figures! Congratulations!
Bay Yi Er also improved in both areas with an 8 point and 7 point increase while the rest of the girls all managed to improve on every single one of their scores. Their hard work for this competition paid off and can be seen through their positive results. Good job girls!
DSA Team Synchro started preparing for this competition a month in advance by combining with Pra-KL to work on combined team routines. They trained 5 days a week and even had a 2-day mini camp with 6 hour training sessions (half day) to get them ready for this competition. It was a lot of hard work and the girls really learnt to work together and co-operate which each other especially for the team events. It was a great learning experience for all.
Now, that the competition is over, they will be setting their sights on the Asian Pacific Championships happening on the 2-4th of December this year! Preparation starts now and DSA Team Synchro is preparing more of our girls to take part in the competition as well as for our year-end DSA Carnival Gala Performance where our lil’ beginners group (5-8 years) are very excited to show everyone what they can do!
We wish them all the best and hope that they keep working hard, love synchro and aim for the stars!